HBBBackground

Friday 1 June 2012

What to take?...

Just a quick post today as we're heading off to my MIL's caravan in Pembrokeshire first thing tomorrow, so today will be mostly packing and fretting about the many things that will undoubtedly be forgotten! The one thing that's going round and round in my head is what crafty things to take! As it's a long bank holiday weekend here, it will likely as not rain for much of our week-long holiday, so I want to make sure I've taken plenty to do and try to stop the cabin-fever setting in! Think I'll limit myself to a little stash of beads, thread and needles, and will also try to smuggle my ripple blanket & yarn into the car boot when DH isn't looking! (hopefully avoiding the inevitable 'HOW much are you taking?!?!...at least until we get there and unload the car!)

I'm a good way through the ripple now, using Lucy's neat ripple pattern, also her interlocking colours idea and Stylecraft Special DK - I had a good bit leftover from the granny stripe blanket, but the hungry ripple soon ate it's way through that so I had to buy more, oh dear... ;-) I got my last Stylecraft instalment at this lovely yarn shop that's in the same village my sister lives, the lady who owns it is so friendly and helpful, she even showed me a little bit of cable knitting which dispelled a lot of my fears about what seemed too complicated a stitch for me to cope with! Will definitely have to give it a try in a scarf or something else fairly easy when I next fancy a bit of knitting. I came out of the shop a very happy bunny indeed with two bags crammed full of yarn!

Right, best get back to the packing/craft-packing dilemmas now! Will just leave with a couple of photos of 'the boys' taken in Pembrokeshire last year on hols - the dogs absolutely love the sea, fingers crossed the weather will be as kind to us this year as it was last!



Marg xx

No comments:

Post a Comment